Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 2 - reflections on Corcovado - from Scott

Christ The Redeemer Statue – You thought sitting in the upper deck at U.S. Cellular Field was high up…
The “Christ The Redeemer” statue is one of the most amazing sites to see.  It is considered one of the great wonders of the world.  To get to the top we had to take a van which provided some great views.  My ears popped as we got closer.  I felt like I was on the plane ride again.  Once we got to the top, we had to walk up flights of stairs to get to the base of the statue. 

When I was younger, I never had any second thoughts of leaning over the edge to see a view from any certain height.  As you may imagine, it was a little tough to look over the edge.  

The views are priceless and it is amazing to think that this was built in the 1920’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment